Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Sugar!

I'm now convinced that in the last two weeks I have become addicted to Tang, the sugar based drink mix.

I have been drinking a liter of it for breakfast each day as it reminds me of orange juice and gives me a huge energy boost for the start of the day. But that once a day habit quickly snowballed into two or three liters per day. It is just so makes drinking water such a pleasure and doesn't leave a buildup of coloring on my lips like the On-The-Go Crystal Light packets.

Anyway, this afternoon I officially ran out of Tang and have been a little bummed out ever since. I'm not really sure if its because I like the high sugar taste and am sad to miss out tomorrow morning, or if I'm just coming down off my sugar high.

Either way, I think I should try to eat less high sugar foods on the trail, and instead look for a way to have more real, unprocessed, natural foods. It is hard to find high calorie light weight foods, but I think I should start eating better out here.

No comments: